I can’t say too much but I’m excited to report that the concept plans for the new site are looking excellent. Lots could change between now and when the ground is broken to start the building but at this stage it’s looking like a perfect layout… this will be worth the wait!
Bad news. It looks like the proposed brewery site is not going to work out.
Along with a number of technical challenges (no mains water, lack of 3 phase power) it looks likeÂ bureaucracyÂ might win out with the key sticking point being that the area has some special environmental rules due to it’s use as a water catchment zone.
So, the hunt is on for a new site with the best option so far being a new development down south that’s current in the planning stages. The site has some definite advantages over the old one:
- Will be a retail outlet (bar/cellar door & restaurant) where the old site would have been brewery only
- Located in a populated/growing area
- Mains water/3 phase power will be available
- New development so it can be fit out to the specs required for a brewery and council approval should be simpler
- Being built/developed by family so leasing options etc. should be easy enough
It’s definitely got potential, but the downside is it’s around 3 years away from being completed.
Still, time has the advantage of allowing myÂ partnerÂ and I to better organiseÂ ourselves. I guess for now though it’s back to the home brewery…